In September we took a fabulous vacation to Jamaica with our good friends the Dibbles. We had a great time with great company! We flew into Montego Bay and stayed at an all inclusive resort called the Grand Palladium.
The resort reminded me of the movie Dirty Dancing. There were cute little covered walkways from your rooms to the different restaurants and beach.
We saw a lot of different animals while there. Here is a tiny frog that Richie caught
We took a tour to Dunn's River Falls and had the best bus driver and tour guide! Our driver stopped and got us sugar cane to try as well as a grape-like fruit called guineps. They were great-so we had to get a pic.

Our tour guide wasn't about to let me (a pregnant lady) climb Dunn's River Falls-she was being very protective of me! So I was supposed to climb the stairs to the side of the falls with her, but after seeing that an 8 year old was going to do it, I jumped into the water much to my tour guide's chagrin! It was a lot of fun, and totally safe-I am glad I decided to break the rules!




After our climb up the falls, our driver took us to a local restaurant called Scotchies for some real jerk chicken. It was so good! 


This is at a dinner on the beach one of the nights. One of the things that the hotel didn't do well was the nightly entertainment, in fact-there was some kind of international pageant going on while we were there. One of the evenings they had the talent competition-they were horrible! I don't know where they found these girls! So most of our evenings were spent playing some pool or a crazy game of cards-we had so much fun and stayed up way too late each night.
One of the days we headed up to the Seven Mile Beach in Negril. It was beautiful with such clear water! We found about a dozen starfish just by looking down into the water! We also had a run-in with a guy trying to sell us some weed! Not the first mention of the stuff while we were there. Our shuttle driver from the airport admitted to us that he smokes weed 4-5 times a day.
We also stopped by Rick's Cafe in Negril. Here they have some amazing local cliff divers jumping from insane heights and doing crazy tricks! You just had to be careful you didn't make eye contact with them before they jumped-that was pretty much committing to give them a tip!
Kipp and Richie joined the cliff jumpers
Love getting ready and trying new restaurants each night! 
Did I mention how beautiful the resort was that we stayed at? It was so green and lush with great, warm water. 
More wild life! Laura and I stocked this little guy for about an hour before we finally caught him. And when I say we and mean Richie. It was hysterical! Laura then put it on Kipp while he was relaxing on a chair-I don't think I have ever seen him move that fast!
I had a great time spending some quality time with my cute husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment