Monday, December 17, 2007

Work it Girl!

It has been a while since I have made a post-mostly due to the fact that I am a working girl again. Oh the sorrow! My first day back found me breaking down in tears a few times during the day while putting Ayden down for a nap, eating dinner, etc. I am working nights so that Kipp can be home with Ayden. Secretly I was hoping that Kipp would have a miserable night with the baby-so he would appreciate me that much more, and so that he would be convince that I shouldn't be working. Didn't happen. Ayden was great for Kipp (I guess Kipp also played a part in that-he is great with Ayden). I on the other hand had a miserable night. Three months-although it flew by-is a long time. Throughout my entire shift I was uncomfortable-second guessing myself the entire time. Do I remember how to be a nurse? I came home from that shift wondering if I could ever go back. Gladly each time I have worked since then has become much easier, and I have great coworkers that I found I really missed, and help me whenever I need it.

3 comments:

Jamie and Covie Gonzales said...

Good for you. A great Mom and a great nurse. You are superwomen my friend! Props Chels!

Melinda said...

I think it's great you can work and have Kipp stay home with Ayden. It is great for the dads to not only spend that time with the kids but it helps them appreciate us moms better!!

Jessica said...

When do you find time to sleep? Ayden is adorable. We can't wait to see everyone at the christmas party.