Sunday, December 20, 2009

You be the judge...

Today Ayden and I were making cookies. He climbed up on the stool and found the empty cookie sheets that had not yet had the dough placed on them. The conversation went like this:

Ayden: "Uh-oh! Tookies-are you?" (Translation-"Cookies-where are you?)
Me: Playing along, "Cookies-where are you? Uh-oh! What should we do?
Ayden: "Oh Toodles!" (in a sing-song voice)
Me: Trying to hide my laughter, "Which mouskatool should we use? The cookie one?"
Ayden: "Yesh!" (Throwing his hands in the air) (Translation-"Yes!")

This is Toodles
It comes when Mickey Mouse needs something to help him solve a problem. Mickey calls out, "Oh Toodles!" Then he chooses one of the "Mouskatools" to help him out.
I will often turn on Playhouse Disney for Ayden while I am feeding Colby and while I am showering and getting ready for the day. I think he must be tuning in a little too often, don't you? :)

4 comments:

Windy said...

nah...if it wasn't for playhouse disney I would never get my 10 min shower every day!

christiansen family said...

Oh that is so cute, that is the best when you can have conversations with your kids. I love that boy!

Nate and Jamie said...

That is hilarious because I know exactly where that conversation was going as you were telling the story. Jackson loves mickey mouse club. So cute the he used it in the perfect context just like Mickey! Thanks again for watching Jackson this morning for my appointment.

Me in a nut shell said...

Oh the TV rules!! It is what will teach your kids many and exciting things, I can't believe some of the interesting facts Kenton picked up from the Disney Channel, and Nick...

Anyways, about the cookies... Your "dough" was amazing, I think I ate most of them myself, such a good wife, helping for the hometeacher!