Wednesday, May 14, 2008

That's for the Birds!

Okay, so Kipp was right. This wreath is a little big, but never did I think that my wreath would become a home for several families of birds! Last summer we found a nest with eggs in it. The bird even flew into the house when we opended the door without warning! One night a strong windstorm made the eggs fall from the nest and break. It broke my heart. A couple of weeks ago another nest (and the stupid wreath had only been out for a week)! I asked Kipp to clean it out, and while sitting inside I started feeling guilty for taking away the stupid bird's home! I starting thinking about when I was pregnant and what I would do if all of the sudden I couldn't deliver at the hospital, or that I had no house to bring a baby home to. I even went as far as thinking of Mary and Joseph, and how there was no room in the inn for them! So I went to stop Kipp-but the damage was already done. Now today I notice another nest! These birds are playing with my emotions and I don't know if I can take it! Do I leave it, and risk morning over broken eggs again? Or leave it and wish I hadn't when another bird flies into my house? Or do I clean it out (or make Kipp clean it out) and feel guilty just to have to go through another emotional roller coaster when another one shows up? Seriously! They are birds for crap's sake!

8 comments:

E Winzeler said...

I love your wreath...birds are lame animals...destroy their homes and keep your beautiful wreath up! I love my mini version of yours :)

heather said...

I say leave the nest. They really like your wreath.

Christiansen's said...

You are so funny! I do love that wreath on the door, so I could see where you are torn. Just keep the blasted wreath and make the bird Ayden's first pet :)

Keisel Family said...

Sorry, but I'd say ditch the wreath. First off, I am going to have to agree with Kipp... it is just too big. I kept getting caught on it when I was out your house! Secondly, bird nests? Honestly Chels, who wants to deal with that all summer, every summer?

Dibble's said...

Will you secretly miss the birds and their nest after they're gone though? Think about it, stranger things have happened! :)

The Campbells said...

Okay, so we had hanging pots in our old house and every year we would get birds nest in them. It drove me crazy because I would go to water the pots and the birds would fly right into my face! After Bryan dropped one of the pots when watering it because he was attacked by a bird, I vowed never to have hanging pots again. Your weath is adorable though, so good luck deciding what to do.

Ross Co. said...

I totally remember the bird-in-the-house incident!! Lots of screaming, laughing, and wasn't there a broom involved? Ha Ha!

Villarreal's said...

Ha Ha! Gotta love being a girl... dealing with emotions like that. Honestly, this world would be much funnier if men had to deal with our hormones. (just imagine) Sorry for letting the bird in your house last summer... that was me! I love your wreath though. U definately have a talent for decorating.