Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter Sunday

Ayden woke up not knowing what the Easter Bunny was. I find that if I tell him about something, he then asks for the next week about a thousand times a day if it is time for that to happen. So for Easter I was a bit lame and didn't get him excited about what was coming. But on Easter morning he could tell by the excitement in our voices that it was something he wanted to be a part of.
This is his pose at the top of the stairs as he is catching on to the idea that something fun was going on.
This spoiled boy got an Easter basket, DVD's, a kitchen and a Mack truck (from Cars). Seriously? I actually wanted to get him a kitchen for Christmas, but Kipp would go for it. In the last month or two, Ayden has been wanting to "cook" all of the time! It is so cute, and he stays so entertained by it. So now he has a little kitchen to do his cooking in. Ever since Ayden got Mack, he has been acting out the movie. Including having me sing "Life is a Highway." It is pretty darn funny! Colby has yet to really enjoy the things in his basket-most of them are new treats he will be able to try in the upcoming weeks. We spent the day at home watching conference and then headed over to my sister's house for dinner and an egg hunt. We had a great day! We ran out of time over the weekend to dye eggs, so we saved it for the day after Easter. Boy, did Ayden love that! Oh the joys of watching your kids have fun and discover new things!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love Ayden's pose at the top of the stairs. Your boys are both so stinkin cute!